Egg scrambles are an easy hot breakfast.- photo by Shutterstock
By Nushin Huq
10/28/20, 4:46 PM
There's nothing like a hot breakfast when it's cold outside. A hearty breakfast scramble hits the spot and is easy to make, especially if you prep at home. Cook over the campfire in a dutch oven or use a cast iron pan on a camping stove.
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 spicy pepper, jalapeño or serrano, chopped
6 eggs (crack at home and store in container for easier travel or use carton egg product)
salt and pepper
handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Heat pan and then add cooking oil.
2. Once oil is heated, add onions and cook until translucent.
3. Add tomatoes and peppers and give it two stirs.
4. Beat eggs, then fold them into onion and tomato mixture.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Take eggs off of heat and stir in fresh cilantro.
Serve on its own, in a tortilla as a breakfast taco or over hash browns. Serves 4