Campfire cones (Adobe stock image)
By Nushin Huq
Between 2 Pines Magazine
Campfire cones are a fun alternative to s’mores for a camping dessert. Below is basic recipe, but you can mix it up with different types of candy or cut-up fruit.
Waffle ice cream cones
Other assorted chocolate candies
Cut up fruit
1. Each camper gets one cone and fills it with marshmallows plus any combination of filling they desire.
2. Tightly roll the cone in foil; make sure ends are sealed.
3. Place cones on warm coals, make sure the cones are not directly or too close to the fire or they will burn.
4. After about two or three minutes, using tongs, turn the cones over and left for another three to four minutes.
5. Remove from warm coals, open up and enjoy!