Three Ingredient Pancakes
photo by shutterstock
By Nushin Huq
These made from scratch pancakes are super easy and use only three ingredients. There's nothing like hot pancakes and syrup on a cold morning by the campfire.
1. 2 eggs
2. 2 cups of milk (bring a small container of shelf stable milk to save cooler space).
3. 2 1/4 cups of self -rising flour
4. fruit or nuts to add to pancakes (optional)
5. syrup or honey for serving
1. Heat cast iron pan over campfire, camp stove, coals or grill
2. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs.
3. Add milk to eggs, continue stirring.
4. Carefully add flour, do not over mix.
5. Pour a quarter cup of batter into pan.
6. When batter fluffs up and begins to bubble, add additional toppings such as blueberries, or nuts, and then flip pancake.
7. cook on other side until pancake puffs up a bit. Use your spatula to lift pancakes up. Both sides should be golden brown.
8. Serve with syrup, cut up fruit (such as bananas) if desired.
Note: Since this batter doesn't contain sugar, you can also use this recipe as a base for a savory pancake, adding chopped spring onions, cooked and chopped bacon, and cheese to the batter. Stir and then cook on cast iron pan.