Walking tacos (Adobe stock image)
By Nushin Huq
Between 2 Pines Magazine
5/26/20, 1:55 AM
Walking tacos is a favorite with kids. They are called walking tacos because technically, they are portable, but in practice, you’ll probably want to eat them sitting around a campfire or picnic table.
(Makes 4 Servings)
1 lb. of ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup of salsa
4 individual bags of corn chips
If you're making this at home...
1. In a skillet, brown the ground beef. Stir in taco seasoning and 3/4 cups of water. Simmer. Take pan off of heat and let it cool.
2. Transfer meat to airtight container and freeze.
3. Chop up tomatoes.
4. Pack tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and salsa in separate containers.
If you are making this at a campsite...
1. Heat meat on camp stove or over campfire.
2. Scoop taco meat into individual bags of corn chips and top with lettuce tomatoes, shredded cheese and salsa.